We transformed the nuts we love to eat into a new snack that would bring smiles to everyone. These "pop in your mouth" bits are a great addition to any party or get together. We've made a bunch of batches for the big game tomorrow.
You can either eat them on their own or enjoy them with any cocktail (alcoholic or not). The chili powder adds a bit of a kick to every bite. I've been popping these into my mouth all afternoon...I just love them. It's hard to stop once you get started.
- ½ cup Raw Peanuts
- ¼ cup Fine Gram flour, also known as Besan
- ½ tsp Chili powder, (adjust to your spice level)
- ½ tsp Chaat masala
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- A pinch of Soda Bicarbonate
- ¾ tbsp Vegetable oil
- ½ tsp Whole Cumin seeds
Let's get cracking:
1) Soak peanuts in a cup of water for 10-12 minutes.
2) Sieve flour along with chili pd, salt, turmeric, chat masala and soda to mix well.
3) Add sieved mixture into a mixing bowl and mix in jeera and oil.
4) Into the above flour mixture, add drained peanuts and mix well so that all the peanuts are coated with flour. If the mixture seems dry and powdery, sprinkle a teaspoon or less of water and mix.
5) Spray/rub some oil onto a microwavable plate (dinner plate) and spread the peanuts on it in a single layer.
6) Microwave for 5-6 minutes based on the wattage of the microwave. If it is a high power one, try using at 80% power until the peanuts are well roasted. (Hint: you can smell the roasted aroma) Also halfway through, take out the plate and separate out the peanuts so they roast evenly.
***Quick Tip: For a different taste, replace the chat masala with amchoor powder.