• 1 cup Sooji (Semolina)
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1 cup Milk
• 1 cup Water
• 3 tbsp Butter
• 4 Cardamom (elaichi) pods, remove seeds and powder
• 4 Cashew nuts (Kaju), chopped into pieces
• 10 Raisins
1. In a non-stick sauce pan melt butter and add sooji and roast it on a low medium heat until light golden color (until the aroma comes out)
2. On the side mix milk, water and sugar and bring it to boil and add cardamom powder.
3. Add the boiling milk /sugar mixture into the sooji sauce pan. Caution the mixture may splash so be prepared to lid it quickly.
4. Open the lid after a minute and mix well continuously until all the liquid is absorbed and the cooked mixture starts to leave the pan (4-5 min). Add a tbsp of butter if needed. Remove from the stove and transfer the halwa into a serving bowl.
5. In a small bowl add 1tsp butter and melt it for 30 seconds in a microwave oven. Add cashew pcs and heat for another 40 seconds until golden brown.
6. Add the roasted cashews and raisins into the halwa and mix well.